This page has links to a collection of publications and information about NSW legislation and this website, including factsheets and other legislative resources.
How to read legislation
How to read a NSW Act
- What is a NSW Act?
- Types of NSW Acts
- Features common to all NSW Acts
- Structure of principal Acts
- Structure of amending Acts
- Aids to interpreting Acts
- Key to abbreviations
How legislation is made
- Who writes NSW legislation?
- Types of NSW legislation
- Acts of Parliament
- Subordinate legislation
- Environmental planning instruments
- DP1: Using PCO drafting practice documents
- DP2: PCO Plain language policy
- DP3: PCO Gender neutral language policy
- DP4: Drafting savings and transitional provisions
- DP5: Legislative definitions
Last updated 22 October 2020 at 15:15