The NSW legislation website is the primary source for NSW legislation.
It is managed by the Parliamentary Counsel's Office.
- ‘Sticky’ search navigation buttons—the search navigation buttons at the top of the legislation display area are now ‘sticky’ i.e. the buttons conveniently remain ‘stuck’ at the top of the display area in a shaded box as you navigate between hits so you don’t need to scroll up repeatedly to use them.
- Displaying the hits for searches in a single title—the list of hits now displays automatically after a search in a single title so you no longer need to click the Show hits button to open that list.
- Enhanced layout for bills—you can now easily distinguish between Government and non-Government bills in all Bills page browse lists. Non-Government Bills are marked with an asterisk in the list and you can also filter by type of bill—All/Government/Non-Government.
- Supplementary list of repealed SI titles made under a Parent Act—when you click the Statutory instruments button (pale blue task bar) for an In force or Repealed Act, you can now expand a second drop-down table of repealed statutory instruments made under the Act. (Note that the repealed table opens even if there are no entries.)
- View Legislative history button in Actions column—we have now added a View legislative history button in the Actions column on browse and search results pages as a shortcut to open the Legislative history page for the selected title.
- Saving PDF extracts for part of a title—now works correctly in most cases for provisions with alphanumeric numbering.
- Links in fragments to maps—hyperlinks to maps from the text of legislation are now working.
- Saving links from the whole view—links to specific provisions in a title can now be saved when viewing either the standard or whole view of the title.
- Public health orders, including current and historical versions
- Environmental planning orders
- Acts of Parliament
- NSW government information for the community and businesses
- NSW Health information for health professionals
- Commonwealth Department of Health information for the general public and industry
- Some terminology used on this website is different to the old website—see our FAQ for an easy-to-follow guide.
- You can now hide the Home page photo carousel.
- There are more RSS feed options for subscriber alerts.
- The 'This week' column on the Home page now has direct links to as made legislation.
- The creation history section at the bottom of the Legislative history co-locates all the initial documents and dates for a title.
- The table of versions in the Legislative history has a column that includes hyperlinks to the amendments consolidated in each version of the title.
- The timeline gives you quick access to historical versions of legislation and allows you to generate comparisons between versions. You can hide the timeline if you prefer—your selection will 'stick' until you change it.
- Search functionality has been enhanced to allow searching across legislative histories as well as the legislation collections. The results show search terms in context—see our FAQ on showing search hits.
- We now have separate Gazette and Notification pages—access to the gazette portal to lodge a notice is via the Gazette page.
- Clause headings used in schedules are now displayed in the Contents pane.
- We now have separate browse pages for in force and repealed legislation and a browse-by-year option for all the legislation landing pages.
- To help you find the legislation you want faster, the in force and repealed browse pages have more options then the old website for filtering, sorting and display.
- The key to abbreviations used in legislative histories is now linked to the key icon on the pale blue task bar.
We are now providing access to consolidated versions of water sharing plans amended from 1 July 2020. The consolidations are unauthorised versions prepared by the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
We now have a special page for public consultation drafts of Bills and statutory instruments.
Please note that consultation drafts are published on this website for information only. All comments should be provided to the relevant government department—see the relevant department’s website for more information.
From the week beginning Monday, 31 August we’re introducing a new way to lodge and publish gazette notices and a new format for the gazette.
Our gazette notice lodgement portal is now ready to use on the Gazette page. You’ll also find there everything you need to get started—links to how-to videos, FAQs, notice templates and an email ready to send to a dedicated Gazette Help box. If you get stuck, contact us at the NSW Parliamentary Counsel’s Office and our gazette team will be happy to help.
The new gazette format will involve compiling individual subject category volumes to make it easier for gazette users to find relevant notices. Notices will appear in the volume for the category selected when a notice is lodged and the volumes will continue to be published on the Gazette page of the legislation website.