Contents (1993 - 30)
- Local Government Act 1993 No 30
- Status information
- Long title
- Chapter 1 Preliminary
- Chapter 2 What are the purposes of this Act?
- Chapter 3 What is a council’s charter?
- Chapter 4 How can the community influence what a council does?
- Chapter 5 What are a council’s functions?
Chapter 6 What are the service functions of
- Part 1 General
- Part 2 Public land
- Part 2A Environmental upgrade agreements
- Part 3 Restraints and qualifications that apply to service functions
Chapter 7 What are the regulatory functions of
- Part 1 Approvals
- Part 2 Orders
- Part 3 Adoption of local policies concerning approvals and orders
- Part 4
- Part 5 Appeals
- Chapter 8 What ancillary functions does a council have?
Chapter 9 How are councils established?
- Part 1 Areas
- Part 2 Councils
- Part 3 Local Government Boundaries Commission
Chapter 10 How are people elected to civic office?
- Part 1 Who may vote?
- Part 2 Who may be elected?
- Part 3 What is the system of election?
- Part 4 When are elections held?
- Part 5 How are casual vacancies filled?
- Part 6 How are elections conducted?
- Part 6A Postponement of elections
- Part 7 Political parties
- Part 8
- Part 8A Political donations
- Part 9 Dismissal from civic office
- Chapter 11 How are councils staffed?
Chapter 12 How do councils operate?
- Part 1 General
- Part 2 How are decisions made?
- Part 3 Delegation of functions
- Part 4 Insurance
- Part 5 County councils
- Part 6 Public-private partnerships
- Chapter 13 How are councils made accountable for their actions?
Chapter 14 Honesty and disclosure of interests
- Part 1 Conduct
- Part 2 Duties of disclosure
Part 3 Complaints concerning non-disclosure
- Division 1 Making and investigation of complaints
- Division 2 Proceedings before the Pecuniary Interest and Disciplinary Tribunal—pecuniary interest matters
- Division 3 Proceedings before the Pecuniary Interest and Disciplinary Tribunal—misbehaviour matters
- Division 4 Proceedings before the Pecuniary Interest and Disciplinary Tribunal—general provisions
- Part 4 Local Government Pecuniary Interest and Disciplinary Tribunal
- Part 5 Miscellaneous
- Chapter 15 How are councils financed?