You are using a version of the website built for webcrawlers and people whose devices cannot use javascript.
Some functionality will not be available.
Contents (1995 - 62)
Skip to content
Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act 1995 No 62
Current version for 24 September 2018 to date (accessed 27 June 2019 at 02:50)
Part 6 Section 34
34   How to have marriage registered
A person has a marriage registered by lodging with the Registrar a certificate of the marriage under the Marriage Act 1961 of the Commonwealth or, if the marriage was solemnised before the commencement of that Act, the evidence of the marriage required by the Registrar.1
 1Under section 50 (4) of the Marriage Act 1961 of the Commonwealth the authorised celebrant (within the meaning of that Act) is responsible for lodging the certificate of marriage with the Registrar.