Local Court Rules 2009
(1) This rule applies to committal proceedings, summary proceedings
and application proceedings.
(2) An application in proceedings is to be made by filing an
application, in the approved form, except where a form relating to the
particular application is separately approved.
(3) An application must state the nature of the order
(4) An application must be served on the other party before the date
on which it is listed, unless leave not to do so is granted by the Court or
(5) An application may be made for orders relating to (but not limited
to) any of the following matters:
(a) substituted service of documents,
(b) setting aside a subpoena,
(c) review of a decision by a registrar,
(d) issuing a warrant,
(e) any form of interlocutory application for which no other form is
(6) The Court may make orders sought in an
(7) The hearing of an application may be held in open court or in the
absence of the public.
(8) The registrar may list an application on the next day on which the
proceedings are listed or on an earlier date by arrangement with the