Local Court Rules 2009
(1) This rule applies to committal proceedings, summary proceedings and application proceedings.
(2) An application in proceedings is to be made by filing an application, in the approved form, except where a form relating to the particular application is separately approved.
(3) An application must state the nature of the order sought.
(4) An application must be served on the other party before the date on which it is listed, unless leave not to do so is granted by the Court or the registrar.
(5) An application may be made for orders relating to (but not limited to) any of the following matters:
(a) substituted service of documents,
(b) setting aside a subpoena,
(c) review of a decision by a registrar,
(d) issuing a warrant,
(e) any form of interlocutory application for which no other form is approved.
(6) The Court may make orders sought in an application.
(7) The hearing of an application may be held in open court or in the absence of the public.
(8) The registrar may list an application on the next day on which the proceedings are listed or on an earlier date by arrangement with the Court.