Public Sector Management (Goods and Services) Regulation 2000
17 Board to arrange for disposal of goods for public sector
(1) The Board alone is responsible for arranging the disposal of any
goods by the public sector service that are either unserviceable or no longer
required by the public sector service.
(2) In particular, the Board alone is responsible for:
(a) inviting or accepting tenders for the disposal of those goods,
(b) determining the conditions under which those tenders are invited
or accepted, and
(c) entering into contracts on behalf of any public sector agency for
the disposal of those goods.
(3) If a period contract is arranged by the Board, public sector
agencies must use that contract for disposing of goods to which it
(4) The Board may authorise a public sector agency for whom a contract
is arranged to enter into the contract with the supplier as a principal party
to the contract.
(5) This clause is subject to the other provisions of this