Local Government (General) Regulation 2005
290 Candidate information sheets
(1) The matters prescribed for the purposes of section 308 (2) of the
Act that are to be included in a candidate information sheet are the proposed
candidate’s full name and full residential
(2) Nothing in this clause prevents the inclusion of other matters
(such as the proposed candidate’s date of birth, occupation, trade and
professional qualifications, membership of organisations, the registered party
(if any) that has endorsed the proposed candidate, statements as to the
proposed candidate’s policies and beliefs, and other qualifications
relevant to the proposed candidature).
(3) A candidate information sheet must be written or typed on a form
supplied by an election official. The form is to consist of one side of an A4
sheet of paper.
(4) As soon as practicable after a candidate is nominated, the
Electoral Commission must cause the information contained in the
candidate’s information sheet to be published on the Electoral
Commission’s internet website until at least election day. The Electoral
Commission may edit the format in which the information is presented on the
website and may delete any material the Commission thinks inappropriate to be
(5) The council must cause the information referred to in subclause
(4) to be published on the council’s internet website, or provide a link
on its website to the relevant part of the Electoral Commission’s
website, until at least election day.