Division 3 Department of Human Services
12 Establishment of Department of Human Services
(1) The Department of Human Services is established as a Division of
the Government Service.
(2) The Department is responsible to the following Ministers:
(a) Minister for Aboriginal Affairs,
(b) Minister for Ageing,
(c) Minister for Community Services,
(d) Minister for Disability Services,
(e) Minister for Housing,
(f) Minister for Juvenile Justice.
13 Amalgamation of certain Divisions with new
(1) All branches are removed from each of the following Divisions of
the Government Service and added to the Department of Human Services:
(a) Department of Aboriginal Affairs,
(b) Aboriginal Housing Office Group of Staff,
(c) Department of Ageing, Disability and Home
(d) Department of Community Services,
(e) Housing NSW,
(f) Department of Juvenile Justice.
(2) Each of the Divisions referred to in subclause (1) (a)–(f)
is abolished as a Division of the Government
(3) In any document, a reference to any of the Divisions of the
Government Service abolished under this clause is to be construed as a
reference to the Department of Human Services.
(4) This clause is subject to clause 7 (1) and
14 Transfer of NSWbusinesslink to Department of Human
(1) NSWbusinesslink is removed from the Department of Commerce and
added to the Department of Human Services.
(2) A reference in any document to the Department of Commerce is to be
construed as a reference to the Department of Human Services if the reference
is used in relation to NSWbusinesslink.