Manly Local Environmental Plan 1988
12 Lands to be acquired
(1) This clause applies to land within Zone No 5 or 6.
(2) Except as provided by subclause (3), a person shall not, on land to which this clause applies:
(a) carry out development other than the erection of a building or the carrying out of a permanent work or a permanent excavation required for or incidental to the purposes referred to in item 2 or 3 of the matters relating to the zone applicable to that land in the Table to clause 10, or
(b) spoil or waste land so as to render it unfit for those purposes.
(3) Where it appears to the council that, in relation to land to which this clause applies, the purposes referred to in subclause (2) cannot be carried into effect within a reasonable time after the appointed day, the owner of the land may, with the consent of the council, carry out development on the land.
(4) A consent referred to in subclause (3) shall not be granted unless the council is satisfied that proper arrangements have been made (whether by the imposition of conditions under section 80 or 80A of the Act or otherwise) with respect to any one or more of the following:
(a) the removal or alteration of a building, work or excavation,
(b) the reinstatement of the land,
(c) the removal of any waste material or refuse from the land.
(5) A consent referred to in subclause (3) shall not be granted in relation to an allotment of land within Zone No 5 and lettered “proposed road widening” on the map, except with the approval of the statutory authority responsible for the acquisition of that land.