State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
3A.35 Construction of fences
(1) A fence must not incorporate barbed wire in its construction or be
electrified if it is on a lot in Zone R5.
(2) If the land on which a fence is to be erected is bush fire prone
land, the fence must be constructed from non-combustible
(3) Metal used in the construction of a fence must be low reflective
and factory pre-coloured.
(4) A fence must not be of solid construction (for example,
colourbond) if it is on a side or rear boundary of a
(5) A fence must not be constructed so as to redirect the overland
flow of surface water onto adjoining properties.