Queanbeyan Local Environmental Plan (Googong) 2009
2.8 Temporary use of land
(1) The objective of this clause is to provide for the temporary use of land if the use does not compromise future development of the land, or have detrimental economic, social, amenity or environmental effects on the land.
(2) Despite any other provision of this Plan, development consent may be granted for development on land in any zone for a temporary use for a maximum period of 182 days (whether or not consecutive days) in any period of 12 months.
(3) Development consent must not be granted unless the consent authority is satisfied that:
(a) the temporary use will not prejudice the subsequent carrying out of development on the land in accordance with this Plan and any other applicable environmental planning instrument, and
(b) the temporary use will not adversely impact on any adjoining land or the amenity of the neighbourhood, and
(c) the temporary use and location of any structures related to the use will not adversely impact on environmental attributes or features of the land, or increase the risk of natural hazards that may affect the land, and
(d) at the end of the temporary use period the land will, as far as is practicable, be restored to the condition in which it was before the commencement of the use.
(4) Despite subclause (2), the temporary use of a dwelling as a sales office for a new release area or a new housing estate may exceed the maximum number of days specified in that subclause.
(5) Subclause (3) (d) does not apply to the temporary use of a dwelling as a sales office mentioned in subclause (4).