Rail Safety Act 2008 No 97
149 Reciprocal powers of rail safety officers
(1) This section has effect in relation to another jurisdiction while
there is in force a corresponding rail safety law that contains provisions
corresponding to this section.
(2) The Minister may enter into an agreement with a Minister of
another jurisdiction for the purposes of this section, including an agreement
to amend or revoke any such agreement.
(3) To the extent envisaged by such an agreement:
(a) rail safety officers of this jurisdiction may, in this
jurisdiction or the other jurisdiction, exercise functions conferred on rail
safety officers of the other jurisdiction by or under the corresponding rail
safety law of that other jurisdiction, and
(b) rail safety officers of that other jurisdiction may, in this
jurisdiction or that other jurisdiction, exercise functions conferred on rail
safety officers by or under this Act.
(4) Anything done or omitted to be done by a rail safety officer of
this jurisdiction under subsection (3) is taken to have been done under this
Act as well as under the corresponding rail safety
(5) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the
exercise of functions under this section.
(6) Nothing in this section affects the appointment under section 148
of persons as rail safety officers for the purposes of this