Division 2 Distribution districts
83 Distribution districts of distribution network service
(1) Each distribution network service provider listed in Schedule 3
has a distribution district comprising the local government areas, or parts of
local government areas, described in that Schedule.
(2) The boundaries of a distribution network service provider’s
distribution district are unaffected by any change in the boundaries of a
local government area and, for that purpose, the boundaries of the local
government area are taken to remain the same as they were when the reference
to the local government area was included in Schedule
(3) A reference in Schedule 3 to a part of a local government area is
(if that part is not described in that Schedule) a reference to such part of
the local government area as is described by the regulations for the purposes
of that reference.
84 Variation of distribution districts
(1) The Governor may, by regulation, amend Schedule 3 so as:
(a) to vary the boundaries of an existing distribution network service
provider’s distribution district, or
(b) to include the boundaries of the distribution district of an
additional distribution network service provider.
(2) The regulations may contain provisions of a savings or
transitional nature consequent on the variation or inclusion of any such
(3) Any such provision may, if the regulations so provide, take effect
from the day on which the variation or inclusion of boundaries occurs or a
(4) To the extent to which any such provision takes effect from a date
that is earlier than the date of its publication in the Gazette, the provision
does not operate so as:
(a) to affect, in a manner prejudicial to any person (other than the
State or an authority of the State), the rights of that person existing before
the date of its publication, or
(b) to impose liabilities on any person (other than the State or an
authority of the State) in respect of anything done or omitted to be done
before the date of its publication.
85 Transfer of staff, assets, rights and
(1) The Minister may direct, by order in writing, that any specified
staff, assets, rights or liabilities of a distribution network service
provider whose distribution district is varied be transferred to such other
distribution network service provider as is specified in the
(2) Such an order may be made on such terms and conditions as are
specified in the order.
(3) Schedule 4 applies to the transfer of staff, assets, rights or
liabilities under this section.