Medical Practice Act 1992 No 94
81A Review of conditions
(1) A registered medical practitioner who agrees to conditions being
imposed on his or her registration, or to being suspended from practising
medicine, may, by notice in writing to the Board, request:
(a) that those conditions be altered or removed,
(b) that the suspension be terminated or
(2) On receipt of such a request, the Board is to require an Impaired
Registrants Panel to review the matter and report in writing to the Board on
the results of its review.
(3) If the Panel recommends that the Board refuse to alter or remove
any of the conditions, or refuse to terminate or shorten the suspension, the
Board may do so.
(4) The Board is to give the practitioner concerned notice in writing
of its decision in respect of the request.
(5) The Board may specify in the notice a period in which a further
request by the practitioner under this section is not permitted. The Board may
reject a request that the conditions be altered or removed, or that the
suspension be terminated or shortened, if it is made during that