Water Management Act 2000 No 92
372 Functions of Ministerial Corporation
(1) The Ministerial Corporation has the following functions:
(a) to construct, maintain and operate water management
(a1) to construct, maintain and operate gauging stations and other
(b) to conduct research, collect information and develop technology in
relation to water management,
(c) to acquire rights to water, whether within or beyond New South
(d) to do anything for the purpose of enabling the objects of this Act
to be attained.
(1A) The Ministerial Corporation has such other functions as are
conferred or imposed on it by or under this or any other Act or
(2) The Ministerial Corporation may exercise its functions within and
beyond New South Wales.
(3) The Ministerial Corporation may exercise any of its functions, and
may otherwise act, in the name of the Department.
(4) It is the duty of the Ministerial Corporation to exercise its
functions consistently with the principles of ecologically sustainable
(5) It is the duty of the Ministerial Corporation to exercise its
function of issuing a Snowy water licence under Part 5 of the Snowy Hydro Corporatisation Act
1997 consistently with the terms of the Snowy Water Inquiry Outcomes Implementation
(6) In subsection (5), Snowy
Water Inquiry Outcomes Implementation Deed means the deed under that
title that was entered into on behalf of the Commonwealth, New South Wales and
Victoria on 3 June 2002, as that deed is amended from time to time in
accordance with its terms.