77A Cancellation of access licences that can no longer be
used or are no longer required
(1) The Minister is to cancel a supplementary water access licence
when the relevant management plan ceases to make provision for the extraction
of water under such an access licence.
(2) The Minister is to cancel a specific purpose access licence if the
Minister is of the opinion that the purpose for which the licence was granted
no longer exists.
(2A) Subsection (2) does not apply to an access licence in relation to
which action is taken by the Minister under section
(3) The regulations may prescribe criteria which the Minister is to
consider when determining under subsection (2) whether the purpose for which a
specific purpose access licence was granted no longer
(4) The Minister is to cancel an access licence of a category
prescribed by regulations referred to in section 57 (1) (l) (other than a
specific purpose access licence) if the regulations prescribe the period for
which such a licence is to have effect and the period has
(5) The Minister is to cancel an access licence if the period for
which the licence is to have effect was specified in an order under section 65
and the period has expired.
(6) The Minister may cancel any access licence of which the Minister
is the holder.