Architects Act 2003 No 89
18 Temporary registration of overseas architects
(1) The Board may register an individual as an architect for a limited
(a) the Board is satisfied that the individual is of good fame and
(b) the Board is satisfied that the individual has architectural
qualifications and practical experience in another country of a kind that
demonstrates that the individual would be capable of practising architecture
in the State with the same level of competence and skill expected of
architects with full registration.
(2) Registration under this section is temporary
(3) A person granted temporary registration is registered as an
architect until the temporary registration expires or is cancelled. Temporary
registration expires on the date stated in the relevant certificate of
registration unless the period of temporary registration is
(4) The Board may from time to time extend the period for which
temporary registration is in force.
(5) The Board may cancel a person’s temporary registration for
any reason that the Board considers proper. Cancellation does not affect any
application for full registration by the person.
(6) The Board may impose such conditions as it thinks fit on the
temporary registration of a person and may at any time remove, add to or vary
those conditions by notice in writing to the registered