Sydney Water Act 1994 No 88
101 Annual reports and consumer confidence reports
(1) The Corporation is to comply with requirements of Schedule 5 regarding the annual report of the operations of the Corporation, in addition to any other relevant requirements of the State Owned Corporations Act 1989.
(2) The regulations may amend or replace Schedule 5.
(3) In addition to producing an annual report, the Corporation must publish on the Internet at intervals of 3 months reports (consumer confidence reports) on the quality of the water it has available for supply to its customers.
(4) The reports are also to be made available for inspection by the public free of charge at the Head Office of the Corporation during normal business hours.
(5) A consumer confidence report must include, in summary form, the following:
(a) details of the quality and quantity of water in the Corporation’s catchment areas,
(b) an evaluation of the effectiveness of the Corporation’s treatment of water from its catchment areas during the immediately preceding 3 months,
(c) a review of developments in the literature concerning issues relating to the quality of drinking water, being issues faced by authorities worldwide who are responsible for the quality of any drinking water,
(d) an overview of issues relating to catchment management that were current during the immediately preceding 3 months,
(e) such other matter as the regulations may prescribe.
(6) Each account for the supply of water that the Corporation sends to its customers must contain a summary of the most recent consumer confidence report and must state that the full report is published on the Internet and is available for inspection by the public free of charge at the Head Office of the Corporation during normal business hours.
(7) The first consumer confidence report must be published within 4 months after the commencement of this subsection.