Sydney Water Act 1994 No 88
43 Altering position of conduit
(1) The Corporation may serve a written notice on a person if:
(a) the Corporation, in order to comply with an operating licence, needs an alteration to be made in the position of a conduit owned by the person, and
(b) the alteration would not permanently damage the conduit or adversely affect its operation.
(2) The notice must:
(a) specify the alteration needed, and
(b) require the alteration to be made within a reasonable time stated in the notice, and
(c) include an undertaking by the Corporation to pay the reasonable cost of the alteration.
(3) If the alteration is not made as required by the notice, the Corporation may make the alteration in a manner that does not damage the conduit permanently or adversely affect its operation on completion of the alteration.
(4) The Corporation may, for the purposes of subsection (3), exercise any powers of the person on whom the notice was served, in addition to or instead of any powers of the Corporation.
(5) Except as provided by subsection (4), this section does not confer on the Corporation or the owner of the conduit any additional powers of entry or powers to carry out works than would be available apart from this section.
(6) In this section, conduit means anything that is in or under a public road (or any other land on which no building or other structure is located) and is used for the conveyance of a substance, energy or signals.