Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) No 86a
148H Decision of the Council [NSW]
(1) The Council must, within 30 days of making its decision on the
complaint, make available to the complainant, the registered health
practitioner or student concerned, the National Board and any other persons it
thinks fit, a written statement of the decision.
(2) If the Commission made a submission to the Council with respect to
the complaint, the Council must provide the Commission with a copy of the
written statement of the decision.
(3) The written statement of a decision must give the reasons for the
(4) The Council is not required to include confidential information in
(5) If the statement would be false or misleading if it did not
include the confidential information, the Council is not required to provide
(6) If confidential information is not included in the statement given
to a person or the statement is not given to a person because of subsection
(5), the Council must give a confidential information notice to the
(7) A confidential information notice must be given within one month
after the decision is made.
(8) This section does not affect the power of a court to make an order
for the discovery of documents or to require the giving of evidence or the
production of documents to a court.