Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) No 86a
148H Decision of the Council [NSW]
(1) The Council must, within 30 days of making its decision on the complaint, make available to the complainant, the registered health practitioner or student concerned, the National Board and any other persons it thinks fit, a written statement of the decision.
(2) If the Commission made a submission to the Council with respect to the complaint, the Council must provide the Commission with a copy of the written statement of the decision.
(3) The written statement of a decision must give the reasons for the decision.
(4) The Council is not required to include confidential information in the statement.
(5) If the statement would be false or misleading if it did not include the confidential information, the Council is not required to provide the statement.
(6) If confidential information is not included in the statement given to a person or the statement is not given to a person because of subsection (5), the Council must give a confidential information notice to the person.
(7) A confidential information notice must be given within one month after the decision is made.
(8) This section does not affect the power of a court to make an order for the discovery of documents or to require the giving of evidence or the production of documents to a court.