Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) No 86a
148G Power of Council to recommend suspension or cancellation of registration [NSW]
(1) The Council may recommend that the registration of the registered health practitioner or student be suspended for a specified period or cancelled if the Council is satisfied the health practitioner or student—
(a) for a health practitioner, does not have sufficient physical and mental capacity to practise the practitioner’s profession; or
(b) for a student, has an impairment.
(2) If the health practitioner is not registered, a recommendation can be made under this section that the health practitioner not be registered.
(3) The Council makes its recommendation by referring the matter with its recommendation to the Tribunal.
(4) The Tribunal may—
(a) make an order in the terms recommended; or
(b) make another order about the suspension or cancellation of the health practitioner’s or student’s registration as the Tribunal thinks proper based on the Council’s findings.
(5) An order may also provide that an application for review of the order under Division 8 may not be made until after a specified time.
(6) Instead of making an order under this section, the Tribunal may exercise any power or combination of powers of the Council under this Subdivision.