Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) No 86a
134 Evidence of identity
(1) A National Board may, at any time, require a registered health practitioner to provide evidence of the practitioner’s identity.
(2) A requirement under subsection (1) must be made by written notice given to the registered health practitioner.
(3) The registered health practitioner must not, without reasonable excuse, fail to comply with the notice.
(4) A contravention of subsection (3) by a registered health practitioner does not constitute an offence but may constitute behaviour for which health, conduct or performance action may be taken.
(5) If a registered health practitioner gives a National Board a document as evidence of the practitioner’s identity under this section, the Board may, by written notice, ask the entity that issued the document—
(a) to confirm the validity of the document; or
(b) to give the Board other information relevant to the practitioner’s identity.
(6) An entity given a notice under subsection (5) is authorised to provide the information requested.