National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 No 80
73A Public exhibition of and consultation on plans of
(1) When a plan of management is prepared, the responsible authority
is to give notice of the preparation of the plan in accordance with the
(2) The notice is to include:
(a) the address of the place at which copies of the plan of management
may be inspected, and
(b) the address to which representations may be forwarded,
(c) the period within which such representations may be made, being a
period of not less than 90 days from the date on which the notice is made
(3) The responsible authority for a plan of management for a national
park, historic site, state conservation area, regional park, nature reserve,
karst conservation reserve or Aboriginal area must forward the plan of
management and any representations received within the time for making
representations specified in the notice to the appropriate regional advisory
committee and the Council.
(4) The appropriate regional advisory committee must consider the plan
of management and representations and provide the Council with such advice as
the committee considers appropriate.
(5) The Council must consider the plan of management, the
representations and any advice received from the appropriate regional advisory
committee and provide the Minister with such advice as it considers
(6) The Council must send a copy of any advice it provides to the
Minister to the appropriate regional advisory committee and the appropriate
regional advisory committee may provide comments to the Minister within 30
days of receiving the copy of the advice.
(7) Subsection (3) does not apply to a plan of management for land
reserved under Part 4A. However, the responsible authority for such a plan of
management is to forward any representations received within the time for
making representations specified in the notice to the Council for
consideration and advice.
(8) This section does not apply in relation to a plan of management
for land within Zone 1, 2 or 3 of the Community Conservation Area under the
Brigalow and Nandewar Community Conservation
Area Act 2005.