Community Relations Commission and Principles of Multiculturalism Act 2000 No 77
14 Reporting on the state of community relations
(1) The Commission is to prepare a report, for each calendar year, on
the state of community relations in New South Wales as affected by cultural
diversity, including an assessment of the effectiveness of public authorities
in observing the principles of multiculturalism in the conduct of their
(2) The report may include recommendations of the Commission in
relation to any relevant matters.
(3) The report is to be furnished to the Minister before the end of
April in the year following the year to which the report
(4) The Minister is to lay, or cause to be laid, a copy of the report
before each House of Parliament within 14 sitting days of the House after
receiving the report.
(5) If a House of Parliament is not sitting when the Minister seeks to
have a copy of the report laid before the House, the Minister may present a
copy of the report to the Clerk of that House.
(6) The report, if presented to the Clerk:
(a) is, on presentation, and for all purposes, taken to have been laid
before the House, and
(b) may be printed by the authority of the Clerk,
(c) if printed by authority of the Clerk, is for all purposes taken to
be a document published by or under the authority of the House,
(d) is to be recorded in the Minutes, or Votes and Proceedings, of the
House on the first sitting day of the House after presentation of the report
to the Clerk.