Administrative Decisions Tribunal Act 1997 No 76
33 Inquiries by assessors
(1) If proceedings are pending in the Tribunal, the Tribunal or the
President may, with the consent of the parties, direct that an inquiry into
any issue raised in, or other matter connected with, the proceedings be made
by a single assessor.
(2) The assessor making such an inquiry is to make a report to the
(3) If a report is made to the Tribunal under this section, the
Registrar is to furnish a copy of the report to each of the parties as soon as
(4) The Tribunal may, with the consent of the parties, adopt any
findings or observations set out in a report under this
(5) An assessor, in making an inquiry under this section, has and may
exercise the functions of the Tribunal under section 83 (Powers in relation to
(6) An assessor who has made an inquiry under this section in relation
to any proceedings is disqualified from further participation in those
proceedings unless the parties otherwise agree.