Part 4 Miscellaneous
35 Proceedings for offences
(1) Proceedings for an offence under this Act are to be dealt with
before the Local Court.
(2) Nothing in this section affects the jurisdiction or power of the
Supreme Court to enforce its orders.
(1) The Governor may make regulations, not inconsistent with this Act,
for or with respect to any matter that by this Act is required or permitted to
be prescribed or that is necessary or convenient to be prescribed for carrying
out or giving effect to this Act.
(2) Without affecting the generality of subsection (1), the
regulations may make provision with respect to any of the following
(a) the carrying out of parentage testing procedures under parentage
(b) the preparation of reports in relation to the information obtained
as the result of the carrying out of such
(3) A regulation may create an offence punishable by a penalty not
exceeding 5 penalty units.
37 Repeal of Children (Equality of Status) Act
1976 No 97 and Artificial Conception Act
1984 No 3
The Children (Equality of Status) Act
1976 and the Artificial Conception Act
1984 are repealed.
39 Savings and transitional provisions
Schedule 2 has effect.
40 Review of Act
(1) The Minister is to review this Act to determine whether the policy
objectives of the Act remain valid and whether the terms of the Act remain
appropriate for securing those objectives.
(2) The review is to be undertaken as soon as possible after the
period of 5 years from the date of assent to this
(3) A report of the outcome of the review is to be tabled in each
House of Parliament within 12 months after the end of the period of 5