Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 No 71
42 Making of privacy related complaints
(1) A complaint may be made to the Privacy Commissioner about the
alleged contravention of any of the following by a private sector
(a) a Health Privacy Principle,
(b) a provision of Part 4,
(c) a health privacy code of practice.
(2) A complaint must be made:
(a) in writing, and
(b) in accordance with such regulations (if any) as may be made for
the purposes of this section.
(3) A complaint must be made within 6 months (or such later time as
the Privacy Commissioner may allow) after the time the complainant first
became aware of the conduct the subject of the
(4) A complainant may amend or withdraw a
(5) This Part does not apply to any conduct that occurred before the
commencement of this Part.