154B Functions of Nominal Insurer
(1) The Nominal Insurer is taken to be a licensed insurer as if it
were the holder of a licence in force under Division 3 of Part 7 and as if
that licence were not subject to any conditions.
(2) The Nominal Insurer has such functions as may be necessary or
convenient for enabling the Nominal Insurer to function and operate to the
fullest extent as a licensed insurer.
(3) Without limiting subsection (2), the Nominal Insurer may issue
directions to any employer with respect to the insurance arrangements of the
(4) The Nominal Insurer has such other functions as may be conferred
or imposed on the Nominal Insurer by or under this or any other Act or law or
by the regulations.
(5) The liabilities of the Nominal Insurer as insurer under a policy
of insurance can only be satisfied from the Insurance Fund and are not
liabilities of the State, the Authority or any authority of the