Western Lands Act 1901 No 70
18FA Subdivision of leases
(1) The holder of a lease under this Act may, with the
Minister’s approval, subdivide land comprised in the
(2) An application for approval is to be made in the form approved by
(3) The applicant is required to meet all reasonable costs incurred in
dealing with the application.
(4) The Minister may, in the Minister’s absolute discretion,
refuse the application or approve the subdivision either conditionally or
(5) A condition of approval also has effect as a condition attaching
to any lease resulting from the subdivision that is a lease to which the
(6) The Minister may make such consequential alterations to the
conditions or purpose of the lease for a subdivided portion as the Minister
considers necessary as a result of the subdivision.
(7) The Minister may exclude from a subdivision any areas required for
roads of access to the subdivided portions.
(8) Excluded areas are, on approval being given to the subdivision,
surrendered to the Crown free from any right to
(9) The Minister may apportion rent or other money due to the Crown to
the subdivided portions in such manner as the Minister considers
(10) The approval of the Minister for a subdivision does not affect the
requirements of any other written law that apply to the
(11) This section applies to leases whether granted or issued before or
after the commencement of this section.