Fair Trading Act 1987 No 68
23E Embargo period for embargo notices
(1) The embargo period specified in an embargo notice must not be
(a) in a case where the investigator giving the notice secures
consumer goods or equipment under this Division—24 hours,
(b) in any other case—28 days.
(2) However, an investigator may, before the embargo period ends,
apply to a Magistrate for an extension of the
(3) If an investigator intends to make an application to extend the
embargo period, the investigator must, before making the application, notify
the occupier of the premises to which the embargo notice relates of that
(4) The occupier of the premises is entitled to be heard in relation
to the application.
(5) The Magistrate may extend the embargo period for a specified
period if satisfied that the extension is necessary in all the