Minors (Property and Contracts) Act 1970 No 60
27 Approval of contract or disposition
(1) A contract made by a minor or a disposition of property made by or
to a minor pursuant to an approval under this section is presumptively binding
on the minor.
(2) The Local Court may, on application by a minor, by order approve a
contract proposed to be made by a minor or a disposition of property proposed
to be made by or to a minor.
(4) The Local Court may make an order under this section on such terms
and conditions as the Court thinks fit.
(5) The Local Court shall not make an order under this section unless
it appears to the Court that:
(a) the minor would not undertake obligations under the proposed
contract or dispose of property under the proposed disposition of property to
the value of $10,000 or upwards, and
(b) the order is for the benefit of the
(6) A refusal to make an order under this section or the making of an
order subject to any terms or conditions does not prevent the minor making a
further application, whether on evidence of the same or other facts, to the
Supreme Court under section 26.
(7) Parts 2, 3 and 5 of the Crimes
(Local Courts Appeal and Review) Act 2001 (as applied by
section 70 of the Local Court Act
2007) do not apply to an order under this