Division 3 Reservations
87 Power of Minister to reserve land
(1) The Minister may, by notification in the Gazette, reserve any
Crown land from sale, lease or licence or for future public requirements or
other public purpose.
(2) The reservation takes effect on publication of the
88 Addition to reserved land
(1) The Minister may, by notification in the Gazette, add Crown land
to any land reserved under this Act.
(2) On publication of the notification in the Gazette:
(a) the added land becomes part of the reserved
(b) the added land becomes subject to the same reservation and trusts
as the reserved land,
(c) any rules, regulations or by-laws applicable to the reserved land
become applicable to the added land, and
(d) a reserve trust which is trustee of the reserved land becomes
trustee of the added land.
89 Effect of other reservations
(1) Land may be reserved or added to a reservation even if it is
already reserved under this Act.
(2) On publication of a notification of reservation or addition to a
reservation, any other reservation under this Act applying to the land is,
unless the notification expressly provides otherwise, revoked to the extent
that it applies to the land.
(3) The revocation of a reservation does not affect any other
reservation which includes all or part of the same
90 Revocation of reservation
(1) The Minister may, by notification in the Gazette, revoke the whole
or part of a reservation of land under this Act.
(2) The Minister may not publish a notification under subsection (1)
unless at least 14 days have elapsed after notice of intention to publish the
notification has been published in a newspaper circulating in the locality in
which the land is situated or in a newspaper circulating generally in the
(3) The revocation takes effect on publication of the notification in
91 Requirement for assessment
(1) Land shall not be reserved unless the Minister is satisfied that
the land has been assessed under Part 3.
(2) No assessment is required if:
(a) the reservation is from sale or for future public requirements,
(b) the Minister is satisfied that it is in the public interest to
reserve the land without assessing the land under Part 3 and, in reserving the
land, has had due regard to the principles of Crown land