Conveyancing Act 1919 No 6
66U Cooling off rights
(1) The purchaser under a contract for the sale of residential
property may serve a written notice to the effect that the purchaser rescinds
(2) The notice may only be served during the cooling off period, but
is ineffective if served after completion.
(3) The notice of rescission must be signed by:
(a) the purchaser or the purchaser’s solicitor,
(b) if there is more than one purchaser, each of the purchasers or
their respective solicitors.
(4) The notice of rescission must be served on:
(a) the vendor or the vendor’s solicitor, or
(b) if there is more than one vendor, any one of the vendors or the
solicitor of any of them, or
(c) the agent of the vendor or vendors.
(5) Service of a notice under this section may be effected in
accordance with section 170 or at the address of the vendor shown in the
contract or (without affecting the foregoing) by facsimile transmission or in
accordance with the service provisions in the