Sydney Olympic Park Authority Act 2001 No 57
41 Traffic management plans
(1) The Authority is to prepare a traffic management plan, or plans,
for all roads within Sydney Olympic Park, including roads that are coloured
mauve on the drawing marked “Sydney Olympic Park Authority, Sydney
Olympic Park, Drawing Number HS-J-L-006” dated 29 May 2001 and deposited
in the office of the Authority.
(2) The Authority:
(a) may control and regulate traffic in any manner and for any
(b) may temporarily close a road at any time and for any
in accordance with a traffic management plan.
(3) A traffic management plan may, with the consent of the owner or
occupier of a private road, apply to a private road within Sydney Olympic Park
in the same way as it applies to roads within Sydney Olympic Park that are not
private roads, subject to subsection (4).
(4) A traffic management plan cannot authorise the closure of a
private road unless the owner or occupier of the private road has consented to
the closure. Such a consent may be given generally or in a particular case or
class of cases.
(5) A traffic management plan is to be prepared in consultation with
RMS and does not have effect unless and until RMS has consented in writing to
(6) The consent of RMS under subsection (5) is taken to be a consent
for the purposes of the Roads Act
1993 and the road transport legislation (within the meaning of
the Road Transport (General) Act
2005) in so far as the consent of RMS would, but for this
subsection, be required under that Act or that legislation in relation to any
matter dealt with in or arising under the traffic management
(7) The Authority may amend a traffic management plan from time to
time. Subsection (5) applies to the amendment of a traffic management plan in
the same way as it applies to a traffic management
(8) Nothing in this section affects the functions of the Authority as
a roads authority under the Roads Act