Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 No 52
101 Time for applying for ADT review
(1) An application for ADT review must be made within 40 working days
after notice of the decision to which the review relates is given to the
applicant (unless subsection (2) gives a longer period to apply for ADT
(2) If the decision is the subject of review by the Information
Commissioner, an application for ADT review can be made at any time up to 20
working days after the applicant is notified of the completion of the
Information Commissioner’s review.
(3) If an application for ADT review of a decision is made while the
decision is the subject of review by the Information Commissioner, the
Information Commissioner’s review is to end.
(4) The ADT may, on application by a person wanting to make an
application for ADT review out of time, extend the time for the making of such
an application by the person if the ADT is of the opinion that the person has
provided a reasonable excuse for the delay in making the
(5) An application to extend the time for the making of an application
for ADT review must be in writing unless the ADT dispenses with the
requirement in a particular case.
(6) The time for making an application for ADT review may be extended
under this section even if that time has expired.