Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 No 52
82 Right of internal review
(1) A person aggrieved by a reviewable decision of an agency is
entitled to a review of the decision by the agency that made the decision
(which is referred to in this Part as an internal
(2) Internal review of a decision is not available if the decision is
made by the principal officer of the agency or a Minister (or a member of the
Minister’s personal staff).
(3) An internal review can be limited to a particular aspect of a
reviewable decision (such as by being limited to particular information to
which the decision relates).
(4) There is to be no internal review of a decision that is or has
been the subject of review by the Information Commissioner under this Part
except internal review conducted on the recommendation of the Information
(5) There is to be no internal review of a decision that is or has
been the subject of an administrative review by NCAT as provided by this