148A Commissioner or Ombudsman may decide to take no further
(1) The Commissioner or the Ombudsman may, at any stage during an
investigation of a complaint, decide to conclude the investigation by taking
no further action with respect to the complaint.
(2) If the Commissioner or Ombudsman decides, at any stage during an
investigation of a complaint referred to in section 140 (1), that the
investigation should be concluded by taking no further action with respect to
the complaint, each must notify the other of that
(3) In deciding whether no further action should be taken with respect
to a complaint, the Commissioner or Ombudsman may have regard to such matters
as the Commissioner or Ombudsman thinks fit, including the matters referred to
in section 141 (1).
(4) The Commissioner or Ombudsman must notify the complainant of a
decision made by them under this section.
(5) The Commissioner may, if of the opinion that it is appropriate to
do so, notify the police officer whose conduct is the subject of a complaint
of a decision by the Commissioner or the Ombudsman under this section
concerning the complaint.