20AA Powers of Ministerial Corporation in years of surplus
(1) The Ministerial Corporation may, during a year or before its commencement, give a direction in such manner as it thinks fit as to the times at which, the manner in which, and the extent to which, water may, under an entitlement, be taken in excess of the water allocation for the entitlement from a water source subject to a scheme, and may vary or revoke such a direction.
(2) To the extent to which the taking of water in accordance with a direction relating to an entitlement is inconsistent with a condition to which the entitlement is subject, the condition shall be deemed to be suspended.
(3) Water taken under an entitlement in accordance with a direction under subsection (1) shall be disregarded in determining whether the water allocation for the entitlement has been exceeded.
(4) Without limiting subsection (1), if the Ministerial Corporation is satisfied that a water source subject to a scheme is likely to have more water available during a year than is required to meet:
(a) the requirements during that year of the persons authorised by law to take water from that water source, and
(b) such other possible requirements for water from that water source as it determines,
the Ministerial Corporation may, in such manner as it thinks fit, increase the water allocations under the scheme by a specified proportion.
(5) The condition of an entitlement for which the water allocation is increased under subsection (4) is modified to the extent necessary to give effect to the increase.