Part 7.2 NSW Procurement Board
137 Establishment of NSW Procurement Board
(1) There is established by this section the New South Wales
(2) The Board is a NSW Government agency.
(3) The Board has the functions conferred or imposed on it by or under
this or any other Act.
138 Membership of Board
(1) The Board is to consist of the following members:
(a) the Director-General of the Department of Finance and
(b) the Division Heads of at least 6 of the Divisions of the
Government Service specified in Division 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 1, being the
Divisions determined by the Minister from time to
(2) The Director-General of the Department of Finance and Services is
to be the Chairperson of the Board.
(3) Schedule 2C contains ancillary provisions relating to the members
and procedure of the Board.
139 Ministerial control
(1) The Board is subject to the direction and control of the Minister
in the exercise of its functions.
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the Minister may direct the Board
to comply with a specified Government-wide procurement
(3) A copy of any direction given by the Minister to the Board under
this section is to be included in its annual report for the year in which the
direction was given.
140 Subcommittees of Board
(1) The Board may establish subcommittees to assist the Board in
connection with the exercise of any of its
(2) The subcommittees may have members who are not members of the
(3) The procedure for calling meetings of a subcommittee and for the
conduct of those meetings is to be as determined by the Board or (subject to
any determination of the Board) by the
141 Advisory groups
The Board may establish advisory groups (comprising members from
the public and private sectors) to advise the Board on such matters relating
to the procurement of goods and services as are referred by the Board to those
142 Delegation of Board’s functions
(1) The Board may delegate to an authorised person any of its
functions, other than this power of delegation.
(2) A delegate may subdelegate to an authorised person any function
delegated by the Board if the delegate is authorised in writing to do so by
(3) In this section, authorised
person means any of the following:
(a) a member of the Board or a subcommittee of the
(b) a member of staff of a Division of the Government
(c) a statutory body,
(d) a statutory officer,
(e) any other person or body, or person or body of a class, prescribed
by the regulations.
143 Annual report of Board
(1) The Board must, on or before 31 October in each year, prepare and
present to the Minister a report of its work and activities for the year
ending on the preceding 30 June.
(2) The Minister must lay the report or cause it to be laid before
both Houses of Parliament as soon as practicable after receiving the
(3) The report may be included in any annual report of the Department
for which the Minister is responsible.