Part 7.1 State Contracts Control Board
135 Establishment of Board
(1) There is established by this Act a State Contracts Control Board
(referred to in this Part as the
(2) The Board represents, and is an agency of, the
136 Functions of Board
(1) The Board has the functions conferred or imposed on it by this Act
and the regulations under this Act, or by or under any other
(2) The Board has power to do all things necessary or convenient to be
done for, or in connection with, the exercise of its
137 Membership and procedure of Board
(1) The Board is to consist of the following members:
(a) a person appointed by the Minister as the Chairperson of the
(b) at least 3 other persons appointed by the Minister to represent
public sector agencies that use goods and services supplied in accordance with
this Chapter and the regulations made under it.
(2) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the
membership and procedure of the Board.
138 Ministerial control
(1) The Minister may give the members of the Board written directions
as to the exercise of the Board’s functions.
(2) Any such direction may apply generally or to a particular matter
and, without limiting subsection (1), may set out a particular policy to be
carried out by the Board.
(3) The Board must ensure that it complies with any such
(4) A copy of any direction given by the Minister under this section
is to be included in the Board’s annual
139 Subcommittees of Board
(1) The Board may establish subcommittees to assist the Board in
connection with the exercise of any of its
(2) It does not matter that some or all of the members of a
subcommittee are not members of the Board.
(3) The procedure for calling meetings of a subcommittee and for the
conduct of those meetings is to be as determined by the Board or (subject to
any determination of the Board) by the
140 Staff and consultants
(1) The Chairperson of the Board may arrange for the use of Public
Service or other public sector staff and facilities to assist the Board in the
exercise of its functions.
(2) The Chairperson of the Board may engage consultants for the
purpose of getting expert advice for the Board in connection with the supply
or disposal of goods and services.
141 Delegation of functions of Board
(1) The Board may delegate to an authorised person any of the
functions of the Board, other than this power of
(1A) A delegate may subdelegate to an authorised person any function
delegated under this section if the delegate is authorised by the terms of the
delegation to do so.
(2) In this section, authorised
person means a member of the Board, a subcommittee of the Board, a
member of staff of a Division of the Government Service, a statutory body, a
statutory officer or any other person or body of persons approved by the
142 Annual report of Board
(1) The Board must, on or before 31 October in each year, prepare and
present to the Minister a report of its work and activities for the year
ending on the preceding 30 June.
(2) The report may be included in any annual report of the Department
for which the Minister is responsible.