Part 5 Miscellaneous
18 Proportion of tax paid in respect of totalizator on
non-racing events to be paid into Sport and Recreation Fund
(1) This section applies to betting by means of a totalizator on any
(2) An amount equivalent to a proportion of the betting tax paid under
this Act in respect of betting to which this section applies is to be paid
into the Sport and Recreation Fund established under the Public Lotteries Act
(3) The proportion to be deducted is the proportion fixed by the
Treasurer by order made after consultation with the Minister administering the
provision of the Public Lotteries Act
1996 under which the Sport and Recreation Fund is
(4) Amounts required to be paid into the Sport and Recreation Fund
under this section are to be paid from the Consolidated Fund, which is
19 Proceedings for offences
Proceedings for an offence under this Act or the regulations are
to be dealt with summarily by the Local Court.
(1) The Governor may make regulations, not inconsistent with this Act,
for or with respect to any matter that by this Act is required or permitted to
be prescribed or that is necessary or convenient to be prescribed for carrying
out or giving effect to this Act.
(2) The regulations may create offences with a maximum penalty not
exceeding 50 penalty units.
21 Review of Act
(1) The Minister is to review this Act to determine whether the policy
objectives of the Act remain valid and whether the terms of the Act remain
appropriate for securing those objectives.
(2) The review is to be undertaken as soon as possible after the
period of 5 years from the date of assent to this
(3) A report on the outcome of the review is to be tabled in each
House of Parliament within 12 months after the end of the period of 5
The following laws are repealed:
(a) the Bookmakers (Taxation) Act
(b) the Bookmakers (Taxation) Amendment Act
(c) the Bookmakers (Taxation)
(d) the Racing Taxation (Betting Tax) Act
(e) the Racing Taxation (Betting
Tax) Amendment Act 2000.
24 Savings and transitional provisions
Schedule 4 has effect.