Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 No 42
120 Membership of New South Wales Aboriginal Land
(1) The New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council is to consist of an
Aboriginal councillor elected for each Region.
(2) The councillors are to be full-time.
(3) Subject to this Act, a councillor holds office for a period
beginning on the councillor’s election and expiring:
(a) on the councillor’s election for another term,
(b) on the election of the councillor’s
(4) A councillor is eligible (if otherwise qualified) for
(5) A councillor is entitled to be paid remuneration in accordance
with the Statutory and Other Offices
Remuneration Act 1975.
(6) A councillor is entitled to be paid such travelling and other
allowances as the Minister may from time to time determine in respect of the
(7) Part 3 of Schedule 3 has effect. The regulations may prescribe
additional requirements for or with respect to