Parliamentary Electorates and Elections Act 1912 No 41
120AK Regulations relating to technology assisted
(1) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to voting
by eligible electors by means of technology assisted
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the regulations may make
provision for or with respect to the following:
(a) the technology assisted voting method or methods that may be
authorised under approved procedures,
(b) the period during which voting by eligible electors using
technology assisted voting is permitted (including a period before polling
(c) the appointment by the Electoral Commissioner of officers to
facilitate voting by means of technology assisted voting,
(d) the independent auditing of the secrecy and authenticity of voting
by means of technology assisted voting at any
(3) The regulations may provide that technology assisted voting is not
to be used at a specified election.
(4) For the avoidance of doubt, neither this section nor any
regulations made under this section prevent approved procedures dealing with
matters referred to in this section.
(5) However, if a provision of a regulation made under this section is
inconsistent with an approved procedure, the provision of the regulation
prevails to the extent of the inconsistency.