Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 No 40
96 Review of notices by WorkCover
(1) A person who is issued with a notice under this Part may apply in
writing to WorkCover for a review of the notice.
(2) The application for review must be made within 7 days after the
notice is issued or, if the regulations prescribe a different period, within
the period so prescribed.
(3) An application for review may be made only once in respect of any
(4) WorkCover is to review a notice that is the subject of a duly made
application for review.
(5) The notice is stayed (unless it is an investigation notice or a
prohibition notice) from when the application for review is received by
WorkCover until WorkCover gives notice to the applicant of the result of the
Note. See section 98 for stay of investigation notice or prohibition
(6) WorkCover may, as a result of the review, confirm the notice, vary
it or revoke it. The confirmation, variation or revocation has effect when
notice of the result of the review is given to the
(7) Regulations may be made with respect to reviews under this