474J Quashing of conviction following pardon
(1) The Court may quash a conviction in respect of which a free pardon
has been granted.
(2) However, the mere fact that a free pardon has been granted does
not entitle the person to whom the pardon has been granted to a quashing of
(3) An application for the quashing of the conviction may be made to
the Court by the person to whom the pardon has been granted or by another
person on behalf of that person.
(4) However, such an application may not be made in respect of a free
pardon arising from an inquiry under Division 4 if the matter has previously
been dealt with under this Division as a consequence of a reference to the
Court, under section 474H (2), by the prescribed person conducting the
(5) The registrar of the Court must cause a copy of any application
made under this section to be given to the