24 Power to suspend registration when show cause notice served
(1) When a show cause notice is served on a person, the Director-General may by notice in writing to the person suspend the person’s registration as a valuer pending a determination by the Director-General of whether to take disciplinary action under this Act against the person.
(2) The Director-General may only suspend a person’s registration under this section if satisfied that the grounds for disciplinary action specified in the show cause notice would, if established, justify the suspension or cancellation of the person’s registration as a valuer.
(3) Such a suspension may not be imposed for a period of more than 60 days after the show cause notice is served.
(4) The Director-General is not required to afford a person an opportunity to be heard before taking action against the person under this section.
(5) The Director-General can revoke a suspension under this section at any time by notice in writing to the suspended person.
(6) This section does not limit or otherwise affect any power to suspend a licence or certificate of registration under section 79A of the Fair Trading Act 1987.