Passenger Transport Act 1990 No 39
16AD Performance standards
(1) A ferry service contract is to provide for performance standards
to be observed by the contract holder.
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the performance standards may
include any model performance standards for ferry services that TfNSW may, by
order published in the Gazette, approve from time to
(3) Performance standards are to be enforced by civil penalty
provision or in such other manner as the contract may
(4) In subsection (5), civil penalty
provision means a provision of a ferry service contract that is
expressed to be a civil penalty provision for the purposes of this
(5) Despite anything to the contrary in any Act or other law, a person
who breaches a civil penalty provision is liable to pay, as a debt due to the
State, an amount determined in accordance with the ferry service contract as
the penalty for the breach of that provision.
(6) Subsections (3)–(5) do not apply to a contract between TfNSW
and Sydney Ferries.