Fisheries Management Act 1994 No 38
221B Determination of licence application
(1) After considering an application for a licence and accompanying material, the Director-General may:
(a) grant the application, unconditionally or subject to conditions or restrictions, or
(b) refuse the application.
(2) The Director-General must, subject to subsection (3), make a decision about an application within 120 days after the Director-General receives a species impact statement or within such further period as may be agreed with the applicant for the licence.
(3) The Director-General must not grant an application until the processing fee levied in respect of it has been paid.
(4) A licence may authorise specified persons in addition to the person to whom the licence is granted to do the things authorised by the licence. In any such case, the specified persons are taken to be the holders of the licence for the purposes of this Part.
(5) For the avoidance of doubt, it is declared that the Director-General is not a determining authority for the purposes of Part 5 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 when granting a licence.