Fisheries Management Act 1994 No 38
221B Determination of licence application
(1) After considering an application for a licence and accompanying
material, the Director-General may:
(a) grant the application, unconditionally or subject to conditions or
(b) refuse the application.
(2) The Director-General must, subject to subsection (3), make a
decision about an application within 120 days after the Director-General
receives a species impact statement or within such further period as may be
agreed with the applicant for the licence.
(3) The Director-General must not grant an application until the
processing fee levied in respect of it has been
(4) A licence may authorise specified persons in addition to the
person to whom the licence is granted to do the things authorised by the
licence. In any such case, the specified persons are taken to be the holders
of the licence for the purposes of this Part.
(5) For the avoidance of doubt, it is declared that the
Director-General is not a determining authority for the purposes of Part 5 of
the Environmental Planning and Assessment
Act 1979 when granting a licence.