Fisheries Management Act 1994 No 38
34O Entitlement to compensation for acquired entitlements
(1) The persons who held acquired entitlements that are cancelled under this Division are entitled (subject to this Division) to compensation from the State for the market value of the entitlements they held:
(a) as at 19 January 2000, subject to paragraph (b), or
(b) as at a later date notified in the acquisition declaration.
(2) If the amount of the compensation is not agreed between the Minister and the person entitled to compensation, the Minister is to determine the amount after a review of the matter by a panel constituted by the Minister in accordance with the regulations.
(3) If the person entitled to compensation is not satisfied with the review of the matter by the panel, the Minister may (at the person’s request) refer the matter to the Valuer-General for advice as to the amount of compensation required to be paid under this section.
(4) A person who is dissatisfied with the amount of compensation offered to the person under this Division or with any delay in the payment of compensation may appeal to the Land and Environment Court.
(5) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the payment of compensation in accordance with this Division.