Roads Act 1993 No 33
7 Roads authorities
(1) RMS is the roads authority for all
(2) The Minister is the roads authority for all Crown
(3) The regulations may declare that a specified public authority is
the roads authority for a specified public road, or for all public roads
within a specified area, other than any freeway or Crown
(4) The council of a local government area is the roads authority for
all public roads within the area, other than:
(a) any freeway or Crown road, and
(b) any public road for which some other public authority is declared
by the regulations to be the roads authority.
(5) A roads authority has such functions as are conferred on it by or
under this or any other Act or law.